Image from Hershey’s website
My 8 year old daughter and I made these together this afternoon. They were very quick to make and easy. I especially liked that there was no baking involved and she could do most of this on her own with just a little help here and there from me. While ours didn’t turn out as perfect (or as shiny) as the ones in the pictures from Hershey’s, they were pretty close. And does it really matter what they look like when they taste as delicious as they do?
- 26 HERSHEY’S HUGS Brand Candies
- 1-1/2 cups REESE’S Peanut Butter Chips
- 1 cup HERSHEY’S SPECIAL DARK Mildly Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 5 cups cornflake cereal
- Line cookie sheet or tray with parchment paper. Remove wrappers from candies; set aside.
- Place peanut butter chips, chocolate chips, honey and butter in large microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at HIGH (100%) 1 minute; stir. If necessary, microwave at HIGH an additional 30 seconds at a time, stirring after each heating, until chips are melted and mixture is blended when stirred. Gradually stir in cereal flakes, stirring until cereal is completely coated with the chip mixture.
- Scoop 26 equal portions (about 1 tablespoon each) onto prepared sheet; shape into mounds. Place candy piece in center of each mound. Allow to firm about 30 minutes before serving. Store, covered in dry, cool place. Makes 26 cookies. (The batch we made only made about 20 cookies)